Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

FFW: Busy Little Hands

One of my favourite things to do as a mummy is to watch little hands being busy at work and play. Watching little minds grow and develop to learn new skills and accomplish new feats. Seeing the smiles on their faces when they have learnt something new. It's all just so precious.
 
 
 
 
As I type this I am watching my Little Mr R playing beautifully with a set of stacking marble tracks. He's not been able to put it together on his own before ... but today he did!
 
 
  He's jumping happily around the room, then watching as the marbles slide down and around the loops of the tracks.
 
 
Watching our children discover new things (no matter how small) is a beautiful part of being their mummy. It's also a beautiful opportunity to build confidence and self-worth into the hearts of our children through praising their efforts and accomplishments. We can teach them to persevere when something's tricky and they're getting frustrated at themselves. We can teach them to be kind and helpful to others by helping them. I just love it!
 
 
Little Mr R has really begun to enjoy drawing lately as well. I love the drawings that are typical to this age with legs and arms sticking out from the head! Little fingers grasping pencils and becoming aware of the world of colours and art.
 

 
Our whole family has been receiving these lovely little artworks almost on a daily basis, and my mummy box is filling up fast! I'm really loving this stage of my children's lives (reality check ... there are still times of stress in this home, we are a real family, it's not all bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils!)

 

 
This season of my mothering won't last forever. Soon, there won't be little fingers and hands eager to explore and discover. So, for now, I'll cherish these small moments, taking it all in and making the most of the precious little people in my life.
 
 (All images on this blog are the property of Sufficient Grace, please do not copy in any way, thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...