Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2013

BIM: Reflecting on Impressionism

 I love painting. But I don't get to paint often. I've not taken any lessons (other than school), so I haven't learnt any of the amazing techniques that painters know. I just paint how I paint!
 
 
 During the holidays, I was able to have a few hours to create a new painting! It was so good to have hands covered in paint again (that's half the fun right?!)
 
I discovered a few things along the way about my style of painting and what I love to paint with. I must have texture. I like ... no, love, using pallet knives and this whole painting has been made using one.
 
  
 I'm not really an attention to fine detail painter.
I am with sketching, but not so much painting.
I like to paint in a 'free-er' style.
 
  
As I was creating this image, I was reflecting on my high school art lessons and how much we explored the era of Impressionism.
 
I found myself realising just how much artists of that period such as Monet, Renoir and Van Gogh have really inspired my painting.
 
I know that this painting is no where near up to the amazing quality of these Impressionist Artists, but I love it just the same.
 
I know it's probably lacking in technique and it's not everyone's taste, but I still love it.
I love that I look at it and see my love of Impressionist Art.
 
Anyway ... here's the final artwork that I have named, "Reflecting on Impressionism"...
 
 

 I am looking forward to creating another piece, maybe with some preliminary sketches before hand ... whenever I can find more time for painting!
 
 
(All images on this blog are property of Sufficient Grace, please don't copy in any way)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...