Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

What On Earth Am I Here For? - Part One


Our Church has just begun an exciting study together called "What on earth am I here for' by Rick Warren. I thought that I'd write a quick post each week to share with you what has been the main points that I've learnt that Sunday so that this way, you can be encouraged and also know a bit about the study for yourself in case you're wanting to work through it too!

So, these are the main points that I've learnt from the study so far, feel free to read the scriptures added as a part of your quiet time ...

  • My calling is a gift from God - it's free. It's a flat out gift. Gal 1:6
  • I am called for God's purpose - God did not make me for me. Eph 2:10
  • God chose may calling before I was born - Gal 1:15 & Isaiah 44:2
  • My sins and mistakes do not change my call - God has no plan B for me. 1 Tim 1:12-13
  • My calling is permanent - Rom 11:29
  • My calling is connected to others - I can't enjoy my destiny on my own - Eph 4:4
  • God empowers what He calls me to do - 2 Thes 1:11
  • There is a prize for living out my calling - Phil 3:14 & 1 Thes 2:12

Listen to God's Word everyday
Enlist friends who challenge you
Ask questions and accept correction
Remember and reinforce what I learn
Now DO it!


See you later this week! Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Great list, I especially like #2 because of the "me, me" world we live in right now. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jes, number two is definitely contradictory to what our world proclaims as the truth, but it's what gives us life abundant!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...