Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

A Moment of Truth


I am a writer.


There, I've said it (exhale).

So why do I struggle to believe it?

This little 'blog o sphere' of mine began as a platform for throwing out into the world of women a voice that shouts out the truth of God and His Word. In amongst the day-to-day battle of woman-hood, it's a voice that screams out 'You have worth'; 'I have worth' ... not because of anything we do or do not do. Not because of how we do or don't look but because we are belonging to Christ and He sees us as beautiful.

Writing has been with me my whole life. To refuse to write is almost like refusing to breath. Writing is the oxygen for my soul. It's my way to gain perspective, clarity and it also heals. Writing heals many wounds.

That being said, throughout the journey of this blog you will find me 'experimenting' with the writer in me (please be patient!!) There will be poetry (some from high school that are a ... aaahhh ...few years old) and some from more recent years. I may write some short little stories; a post crammed to the brim with quotes (gotta love a good quote) maybe write some song lyrics; posts about family, friends, faith .. who knows?

But hear me here ...listen closely.

I am going to write because it is who I am.

And you? You are free - free to do what it is that awakens your heart with such excited beatings; that which is God breathed into the very soul-makeup of who you are.

Will you join me?

Will you step out into believing that you are a beautiful daughter of the King? Will you listen to those songs in your heart that ring true when you are doing something that you love? Will you refuse to live in a womb of fear and step out into the true beauty that you are?

Whatever it is, friend, I urge you to be confident of the love of God that is yours and mine; a love that will never be taken away from us, and start living it out.


I'll be living it with you.




Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...