Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

I Am


I created this artwork that now hangs in my dining room because I wanted to declare something...



Photo property of Sufficient Grace... please ask permission before useage. Thanks
 
 
I wanted to declare that I am all these things in Christ, my family members are all these things in Christ ... and so are you!
This is the truth about who we have been made to be through the sacrifice Christ made for us on that sin-drenched cross.
 
Can you read what it says? It says we are:
Redeemed from the hand of the enemy; Registered in heaven by name; Hidden with Christ in God; A living Stone; Christ's Witness; Gods masterpiece ... that one is one of my favourites! Christ's friend; Kept in safety wherever I go ... and so it continues.
 
Did I conjure up this fabulous list out of the recesses of my mind, (echo echo echo...) just to give myself a boost? No! This fabulous list of truths are all taken from the Word of God ... His declaration over who He sees us to be! (Is this exciting anyone else?!!)

We do need to be reminded of who we are in Christ. This world can sometimes point an accusing finger at Christians; and while none of us are perfect, focusing on the truth of our identity nourishes our souls.


Photo property of Sufficient Grace... please ask permission before useage. Thanks




 
Read through the list of our heavenly DNA ... our eternal make-up; the identity that truly matters  ... for all of eternity.
 
Let the words sink in. Grasp the truth.
 
 
Photo property of Sufficient Grace... please ask permission before useage. Thanks

 

This was a wonderful piece of art to create. As I wrote (for six hours) the truth began embedding itself in the fabric of my being ... I was being transformed in my mind as ink flowed free. I began letting go of past 'beliefs' I had of myself ... most of which were completely negative.
 
Am I 100%confident of who I am now? Has this artwork been the 'permanent fix' for my wrong self-attitudes and wrong self-beliefs? Absolutely not. That only comes from a constant feeding on Gods Word (and it still takes a life-time).
 
But it is the truth in art form and it shouts out to me; above the negative voice and it so beautifully reminds me of His 'birth-mark' on my soul; His seal of Ownership on my heart ... and I am blessed.
 
 
Photo property of Sufficient Grace... please ask permission before useage. Thanks
 

Can I invite you to search in your Living Word and let God take you on a journey of finding your true identity in Him? I promise, you won't regret it.
 
 
1 Samuel 16:7
 
The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart.

 
 
2 Corinthians 1:21
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ.
He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us,
and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit,
guaranteeing what is to come.
 
 
*Please feel free to leave your comments ... I'm looking forward to getting to know you!*
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...