Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

You're Four Already?!!

I can't believe that my baby boy is actually four! I know, I know, every mother says it and after a while it kinda gets a bit 'yeah whatever', but it truly amazes me how fast he's grown. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was sitting on the edge of my daughters bed in her dark and quiet room, snot sobbing and crying out to God for just one more child?! Well, he answered! In fact I was already pregnant with Mr R (a separate story in itself!) when I was sobbing my heart out asking for a little boy with brown eyes like me (I place all the blame for the emotional outburst on pregnancy hormones).
 
On Tuesday we celebrated his fourth birthday. It was a quiet day with presents in the morning before the older kids left for school, then a stop at Gloria Jeans (ok, that was more for mum and dad!) and then a bike ride at the park, which Mr R loved! When the kids arrived home, we had a family party with cake and a few nibbles. It was a beautiful day. Simple, but beautiful and special. My baby is four.
 
Our little bundle of energy gives us so much pleasure with his hilarious sense of humour, his cheeky ways and facial expressions, his sound effects, his sweetness, his gorgeous and contagious laugh, his smile, and his passionate little heart. He is such a little gentleman. Almost every day this little man picks me a flower and hands it to me and I hear, "I love you mummy. I love you more than the whole house".
He. Melts. My. Heart.
 
It's beautiful to know that while I was drowning in my tears, literally begging my God, for one more child to be in our family, that He already made way for Him to be with us. He was forming Mr R as I cried. He knew he was ours. To bless us. To be loved by us. To fit perfectly in this family. Our God is truly amazing!
 



 

Can you tell his siblings love him to pieces?
 
Opening presents ... look at that scrumptious face!
 
 
Love this boys heart!
 
 
We are so thankful for this boy in our life!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...