Pages

Sunday, 5 October 2014

Quotes on Home.


I'm away from home at the moment, only for a few days. While we're having an amazing time, the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' is certainly true. 

It is always wonderful to visit family; just as it's always wonderful to return home to the comfort of your own bed, the softness of your own pillow, the cuddles of your sweet little cats. Home is a beautiful word. A safe place, a familiar place. A place where new characters are waiting to be met in the pages of the books on my bedside table. 

While here I have found some beautiful inexpensive treasures that I am looking forward to taking home and finding just the right place for. I will share these finds with you sometime in the next Everything Home posts. Home is where we can be free to be creative. 

You may remember that I 'collect' quotes. I have a notebook almost full of them! There are some lovely ones about home that I've written in my notebook that I thought I would share with you ...


“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” 





“Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together. Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go.” 

― Sarah Dessen

“Home is the nicest word there is.” 

― Laura Ingalls Wilder



"Strength of character may be learned at work, but beauty of character is learned at home"
- Henry Drummond



I hope you have many beautiful moments in your homes with your loved ones this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...