Pages

Sunday 5 October 2014

Quotes on Home.


I'm away from home at the moment, only for a few days. While we're having an amazing time, the saying 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' is certainly true. 

It is always wonderful to visit family; just as it's always wonderful to return home to the comfort of your own bed, the softness of your own pillow, the cuddles of your sweet little cats. Home is a beautiful word. A safe place, a familiar place. A place where new characters are waiting to be met in the pages of the books on my bedside table. 

While here I have found some beautiful inexpensive treasures that I am looking forward to taking home and finding just the right place for. I will share these finds with you sometime in the next Everything Home posts. Home is where we can be free to be creative. 

You may remember that I 'collect' quotes. I have a notebook almost full of them! There are some lovely ones about home that I've written in my notebook that I thought I would share with you ...


“Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” 





“Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together. Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go.” 

 Sarah Dessen

“Home is the nicest word there is.” 

 Laura Ingalls Wilder



"Strength of character may be learned at work, but beauty of character is learned at home"
- Henry Drummond



I hope you have many beautiful moments in your homes with your loved ones this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...